While moving on last weekend we tried some new pumpkin recipes with baba. I found him a perfect size butternut pumpkin on Friday, we also call this squash as a musk pumpkin in Finland. Pumpkin is very healthy for dogs so every fall when we can finally have some fresh pumpkin at markets, I’ll get some. Not in this country we have natural canned pumpkin at all, so I usually bring it from Estonia with me. Though, not now as pandemic has kept me carefully in Finland.
– – –
WHY TO FEED DOGS WITH PUMPKIN
Pumpkin contains lots of fiber which is super good for stomach and many different vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, Alpha Carotine, Calcium, Iron and Lutein. Together they maintain your dog’s immune system and vision, prevent cell damage, support bone and teeth, the health of the eyes, skin and coat.
When you feed the pumpkin for dogs, do not feed:
● The skin nor stem of pumpkin
● Pulp (the gooey center of pumpkin)
● Raw pumpkin
● Pumpkin Lantern that has been cut and left out
● Canned pumpkin with any additives. The can has to say 100% natural pumpkin and nothing added to be safe for dogs
When having any questions, always contact your veterinarian for correct information suitable for your own dog.
– – –
BABA’S BUTTERNUT PUMPKIN RECIPE FOR DOGS
Picasso is only 5 lbs kid and this recipe has been created to fit on his meal sizes. I used the other half of butternut to create a pumpkin recipe for human parents, see it here >>. If you have a bigger dog or several dogs, just double the ingredients to cook bigger pot for your furkids at once.
– – –
● 400 grams of butternut (around 1/2 butternut)
● 1 tblsp of chrushed flax seeds (seeds always need to be crushed or powdered for dogs!)
● 1 tblsp of chrushed (gluten-free) oat brans
● Reindeer steak or some other meat your dog loves
● Some olive oil
How to make it:
1. Split the butternut pumpkin.
2. Scoop out the seeds and gooey fibres by big spoon
3. Clean and rinse the pumpkin halves well
4. Peel the sides with knife.
5. Slice the halves and cut them into cubes.
6. Pour the cubes into kettle and boil them in water to be well-done.
7. Pour the excess water off from kettle, leave there around 1/2 cup of water on a bottom.
7. Mash the soft cubes well by using a wand mixer.
8. The mixture should be a little watery. Add crushed oat brans and crushed flax seeds onto mashed pumpkin.
9. Mix well. Put the kettle back on a stove and cover with lid, let the mixture rest on warm stove slowly cooling down and brans stewing slowly.
10. Pour the mixture into bowl.
11. Slice the reindeer steak and cut the slices into little cubes.
12. Pour right amount of meat onto mashed pumpkin on a plate. Burts a little bit of olive oil on top.
Serve the meal with love and care. This recipe became right away one of Picasso’s favorite meals. This recipe lasts in fridge well for around 4 days.
All comments are held for moderation! Kaikki kommentit tarkastaan ennen julkaisua!
- SUDIO T2 REVIEW WITH A DISCOUNT CODE – TESTISSÄ SUDIO T2 (ALENNUSKOODI)
- WHAT I NEED FROM A RELATIONSHIP – MILLAISTA KUMPPANIA ETSIN
- ITALIALAISET KAALIKÄÄRYLEET – GRANDMA’S INSPIRED CABBAGE ROLLS
- THE SEASON CHANGES
- WILL I EVER LOVE ROMANTIC WAY?
- KUMMAT KAVERUKSET: PUNA- JA KELTAJUURI (PUNAJUURIPESTO RESEPTI) – YUMMY BEET PESTO RECIPE
- POWER SOURCES – VOIMANLÄHTEET
- WHY SHOULD WE BE SAME?
- TERVEELLISET PINAATTIKAURALETUT – HEALTHY SPINACH’N OAT PANCAKES
- BECAUSE I AM AN ADULT
- SILVER + WHITE = MAGIC x LOVE
- ZUSHI ROLLS RECIPE – KESÄKURPITSARULLAT BY DELIVERDE
- CALMING DOWN
- THE HIP THING
- VOIHAN VÄRIKKÄÄT KUKKAKAALIT – OH LA LA, COLORFUL CAULIFLOWERS!
- BE HAPPY, EVERYDAY – OLE ONNELLINEN, JOKA PÄIVÄ
- THE SILENCED ONES – VAIENNETUT
- ÄLÄ HUKKAA NAATTIA – HERKULLINEN LISUKERESEPTI JA NAATTITIETOA – – DON’T WASTE THE TOPS OF VEGGIES, AND A YUMMY RECIPE
- A GIRL WITH THE HEARING AIDS – TYTTÖ JA SEN KUULOLAITTEET
- RUOKA ON ELÄMÄ – VOIMAA, ILOA JA HYVÄÄ OLOA TORILTA – – THE FOOD IS LIFE – POWER, JOY AND WELLNESS FROM OUTDOOR MARKET PLACE
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- April 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015